This was the third forum in the Waldemar A. Nielsen Issue Forums in Philanthropy, in which examined the role of philanthropy in shaping public policy. The goal of the event was to highlight and discuss important issues related to the role that the philanthropic and nonprofit communities must play in advancing a strong social justice agenda for children and youth. Framed around the four key approaches that the philanthropic community uses to partner with the nonprofit sector (support for infrastructure, support for advocacy, support for experimentation and innovation,and support for replication), the forum was dedicated to addressing the issues that arise between the two sectors when trying to come together to support our youth.
- Shay Bilchik, Director and Research Professor, Center for Juvenile Justice Reform, Georgetown University
- William Bell, President and CEO, Casey Family Programs
- Sarah Brown, CEO, National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
- Lori Kaplan, Executive Director, Latin American Youth Center
- Sherry Magill, President, Jessie Ball duPont Fund
- Marvin Ventrell, Former President and CEO, National Association of Counsel for Children