Hotel & Travel
Many of our conferences are held at the Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center (GUHCC), which is located on the main Georgetown University campus. Currently, the campus is under construction, so navigating to and from the Conference Center can be tricky. You can find a full map of the campus to the right, as well as specific directions to the GUHCC below, no matter your point of departure or method of transportation.
Easily accessible from the area airports, Union Station and major highways the Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center is located on the campus of Georgetown University in Washington, DC. Our hotel is minutes from Georgetown’s main dining and shopping and downtown Washington D.C.’s cultural attractions, monuments, museums, shopping and dining.
Getting to Georgetown University
Getting to Georgetown University
Georgetown University is served by three major airports:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is closest to campus (6 miles, or about 15 minutes by car or taxi). The airport is also connected to the city’s metro system via the blue and yellow lines (take train from Ronald Reagan Washington National metro station to Foggy Bottom-GWU metro station).
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) is about 25 miles from campus.
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) is about 40 miles from campus.
Union Station is the nearest railroad station, and there are daily Amtrak and Acela trains connecting D.C. to cities along the East Coast. Union Station is approximately 5 miles from campus and is connected to the city’s metro system via the red line (stop is Union Station). You can take public transportation or car service to reach the conference center via Union Station. Please note that it can take up to 45 minutes during rush hour to arrive at the GUHCC via car.
Via Public Transportation (weekdays)
To reach the conference center via Metro, board the Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS) at either the Rosslyn or Dupont Circle Metro stops. When boarding the Shuttle, inform the driver that you are attending an event at the University Conference Center. The shuttle begins operating at 6:15 a.m., runs every 10 minutes, and will drop you off on the campus very near the Conference Center. Allow a minimum of 25 minutes to reach the Center from either of the Metro stops. You may want to download Georgetown University’s mobile apps for either Android or Apple devices, which include maps of campus, bus schedules, and more.
From Dupont Circle (Red Line):
- There are two exits at the DuPont Circle Station. Use the Q Street exit.
- Exit via the escalator.
- At the top of the escalator, turn left and cross 20th Street
- Turn left, walk down 20th Street, and take the first right onto Massachusetts Avenue.
- There is no sign for the stop, but the shuttle will stop on Massachusetts just past 20th Street. Wait near the green fire hydrant.
- This GUTS bus typically runs on weekdays only. Check the GUTS schedule for weekend service.
From Rosslyn (Orange or Blue Line):
- Take the escalator out the only exit from the Rosslyn station.
- Turn right at the top of the escalator and walk toward the street.
- When you get to the street (N. Moore Street), turn left.
- Cross 19th Street and you will see a sign for the Georgetown University Shuttle.
- The stop is at the intersection of N. Moore and 19th.
Visit these websites for more information:
Via Public Transportation (weekends)
If you would like to take a bus from the Dupont Circle or Rosslyn metro stations on the weekends, use the DC Circulator. The closest bus stop to Georgetown University is at 34th St. and M St. (for southbound route to Rosslyn) and 33rd and M St. (for northbound route to Dupont). Other buses that run close to the campus include the D1, D2, D6 and the G2.
Visit: http://www.dccirculator.com/ for maps and more information on the Circulator. For all other DC public transportation, visit http://www.wmata.com for maps, timetables, and trip planners.
Please input the following address for the Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center in GPS when driving or taking a taxi/ride share:
3611 Canal Road, N.W., Washington, DC 20057
If parking, park at the Southwest Parking Garage located at that address (see below for more information).
If taking a taxi/rideshare, once you reach 3611 Canal Road, instruct the driver to continue on West Road all the way to the Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center. Note that Reservoir Road is closed due to construction and cannot be used to access the GUHCC.
Note: If 3611 Canal Rd NW does not work for your app or mapping software, please use 3607 M Street. The Exxon Mobile station is approximately 200ft before the Canal Rd entrance.
Navigating in the Washington, DC metro area can be challenging. In addition to heavy traffic, the area has many one-ways, diagonals, roundabouts, roadways that reverse direction during rush hour, toll roads, roads that change names, and HOV lanes or highways with variable rules. Drivers are strongly encouraged to travel with maps or GPS.
Limited parking is available in the Southwest Parking Garage at a cost of $25 per day. This garage is cash only. This garage can be accessed by entering the Georgetown campus at the Canal Road entrance near the Key Bridge (the entrance is next to the large rock reading “Hoya Saxa” – Use 3611 Canal Road as the address for directions using GPS). From there, follow the signs to the Southwest Parking Garage. From the garage, it is a 5-10 minute walk north across the Georgetown University campus to the Conference Center.
Note: Parking in the Leavey Garage near the Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center is no longer available. Because parking is limited, we recommend taking alternate forms of transportation to the GUHCC.